My Photo
Name:
Location: PJ, Selangor, Malaysia

I look at life through a lens tinted with cynicism. I am thrifty with money, hence very much depriving myself of material fulfilment most of the time.And I think that paying >RM10 for a cup of coffee or a cone of ice-cream is absurd. Happiness comes from having ample time to stay in bed and read/write. I detest pop trash of the latter day and have turned to alternative rock/rock for solace. And I like creative writing. :)

Previous Posts Daily Reads

Friday, September 01, 2006

HARPING

finally the end of the week. *collapses in exhaustion.*

The whole week was freaky lar. Fell sick on Wednesday, throughout Merdeka, until this moment where I'm sitting here in front of this dumb box of micro chips and motherboard.

-LONG POST AHEAD-

Received this big pile of ridiculous excuse letters since I posted that so-called "threatening" Ketua Disiplin message on the library board.

The excuses for not coming for duty and AGM varied from "Scouts Maju Hike" (accepted) to "I as the parent was supposed to send him but I was not feeling well" (erm, under consideration) to "She was not aware of the meeting."

Wait, not aware of a meeting?

Am I supposed to accept that sort of letter?

NOT ACCEPTED.

So I can skip my duties 52 weeks a year and my excuse is that "I didn't know that we were supposed to come for duty." *innocent face*

You don't know how capable the form 1 juniors are at making innocent faces. I shouldn't have been so friendly with them .=.='

Ridiculous.

God sometimes I hate this job.

I wish I can be as dedicated as Grace.

But under so much of corruption and illusions, it's hard not to compare our miserable library system to the prefects'. I willingly admit that the prefects do have a better system than us. No lame excuses that the teachers favour them more or what nonsense.

If I am so well-trained in Gakkai, PTC, PIC, GFG...then why ain't I taking my experience in this sort of field over to the librarian board?

Selfish? Nah. I've never been selfish when it comes to making something/someone better.

Maybe it's that irritating little mushroom the library has been huddling under for a long time.

We dare not try new things. We are afraid of taking risks. We are not open-minded, not open to new and fresh ideas. We limit creativity and imagination. There is no room for improvement. We always think, "there is nothing we can do about that."

I hate it when people limit other people's creativity.

I hate it when people bring up new ideas and the listeners screw their faces up in disapproval. Shit wei, you haven't even tried the idea how would you know if it will be a failure?

That person will be discouraged, and will not bring up anymore of his/her ideas in the future.

There will be no improvement.

Take this situation for instance (yes, it happened this year.)

'Hi, Puan M*****. Listen, I thought of this great new discipline system-"
"Don't tell me!!!"
"...pardon?"
"You don't tell me all this! *throws arms out* Whatever you want to do you do yourself! I don't want to be part of this."
"*speechless* Err, but I would need your approval."
"No you don't tell me all this! You all AJKs do whatever you want. Haiyo, you AJKs sometimes don't know how to do anything wan."
''...am I not doing something now?"
"Just go and do lah! But I don't like it when you AJKs do things without telling me."
"...err, that's why I'm telling you now?"
"DON'T TELL MEEEE!!!"

weird, huh?

If you guys think I'm crapping, just ask Simone and Grace. They were there.

That was the time I started to feel very "turned off" in my job. My enthusiasm was gone. Instead of being praised for making at least a bit of effort to make the library a better place, I was turned away before I could even explain.

This sucks lar.

It's so different from Gakkai. In Gakkai, they listen, write your idea down, and everyone considers it together.

I have 2 years and 3 months left in the librarian board. Then it will be the end. I will get my certificate, and I leave the library,

Just as it was.

Corrupted, conservative, disillusioned, under this pretty little facade that the library is oh-so-perfect.


SEL


link | posted by Ee Lin at 3:25 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela