My Photo
Name:
Location: PJ, Selangor, Malaysia

I look at life through a lens tinted with cynicism. I am thrifty with money, hence very much depriving myself of material fulfilment most of the time.And I think that paying >RM10 for a cup of coffee or a cone of ice-cream is absurd. Happiness comes from having ample time to stay in bed and read/write. I detest pop trash of the latter day and have turned to alternative rock/rock for solace. And I like creative writing. :)

Previous Posts Daily Reads

Sunday, October 15, 2006

doodlings...

Dear earthlings.

I have been away. PMR is over and what can I say? I'm not allowed to go out. Which is sort of sad for a post-PMRer. No movies, no bookstore, no electronic devices...hmm, that's sad. But I guess I gotta understand my family's financial position now.

Anyway, updates of the past days? Hmm, mostly orchestra practices and meetings, hehe. Finally got my scores, wah lao eh, listen to the original mp3 while looking at the score also tak mampu faham score lahh...oh yeah, and a certain composer by the name Wolfgang Amadeus decided that he didn't like the clarinets at that moment and didn't compose for the clarinetists, so we had to use oboe score instead, which is really mind-bogging because we had to transpose it by sight and it's in A Major so it becomes B major which is one of the most terrifying majors besides F# major, and my senior transposed it in a program but his dear ole printer decided that his owner isn't treating it well and broke down of some sort, so we're using the same old oboe score again...bah, nevermind.

And our much anticipated song from MPO arrived for our little "colourful" Rainbow Junior Choir last night without much grandeur. BTW, the performance will be in Dewan Philharmonik Petronas on Christmas day, and the song we'll be presenting to you folks is....*drums roll* "Rudolph the red nosed reindeer, had a very shiny nose..." *faints in shock* and it came to me as a big shock because 3/4 of the choir has never heard the song. WHAT???

So this morning was junior practice, I joined in as a junior since my staccatos and tonguing are really bad, showed them (Zhi Lin, Woei Fong and Song Yeu lao shi) some really lousy magic tricks with poker card decks where I had to show them the "secret" so they won't boycott the practice instead. =.=' Then 12.00 ZL and WF went home, so we went to canteen, got caught up with my bro 'Han, PakKin, Wei Chung n sis, Mun Yee, Ah Kam, Ellie, etc etc...so caught up until we forgot the time, because we were going to watch "Play to Fight", some documentary-short film sort, in WKSGM, at 1.00pm, and by the time we glanced at our watches it was 12.30pm, wah, trust Song Yeu to drive like the speed demon. =.=' I found myself constantly reaching out with my foot for the brake that wasn't there...lunch was simple, haha, becamse SY's Cheezels holder. Reached there perfectly on time.

[Oh and today marks the 15th time I was assumed a college student, where a foreigner who came to the film presentation with the Embassy and whom I sat beside, turned and smiled and asked, "oh, so you came with the college...?" =.=' And trust SY to add salt to wound by saying, "no, she's actually only form 3." -___-', although this mishap cannot beat the track record of my first conductor who thought (quoting Mr. Wong) "oh, sorry I thought you've finished college already."] BAKA.

Anyway, the film is superb. It's actually about the Venezuela System where they take in more than 250,000 under-priviledged children and nurture them in the world of music. And mark my words, this is the biggest orchestra I have ever seen in my life.



Screenshots. Background is the choir, also under the Venezuela program.


Their skills are honed to perfection, and guess what? The players are not more younger than you or I. The youngest players they have are only 2 years old.

This soloist is just 8 years old. Make you wanna cringe in your seat in shame ey?

They documented some of the players impressions and talents. There was this boy, I think he's my age, who actually, I dunno, did lightning fast jiggles on his double bass? Like, heck I never knew you could do that on a double bass! And this 8 year old could play the trumpet really well that it kinda made us feel really, really humbled. By the way, their performances are so beautiful and horribly majestic that you can't help but cry with awe. And they are just children. Shame on you!

Oh well, the film ended before I knew it. Song Yeu had his car crammed with the girls, so I got kicked out, so sad, can kick out your own section members wan ah??? hehe. Ma finally came, went home, bade korkor goodbye, then went to sleep, *snore snore*

School tomorrow, sigh. Oh well, busy week ahead! + oil + oil...

SEL


link | posted by Ee Lin at 6:44 AM |


2 Comments:

Blogger Cleeyy commented at 12:47 AM~  

Hi Ee Lin,

It sucks that I missed this film - I heard it's the best. I have only managed to catch 2 films, of which I enjoyed immersely ;D

Blogger Ee Lin commented at 1:38 AM~  

hi, u watched em too? I missed most of them, which is a waste. xD I only catched this one here becos it had an orchestra in it...orchestra geek! xD

EL

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela