My Photo
Name:
Location: PJ, Selangor, Malaysia

I look at life through a lens tinted with cynicism. I am thrifty with money, hence very much depriving myself of material fulfilment most of the time.And I think that paying >RM10 for a cup of coffee or a cone of ice-cream is absurd. Happiness comes from having ample time to stay in bed and read/write. I detest pop trash of the latter day and have turned to alternative rock/rock for solace. And I like creative writing. :)

Previous Posts Daily Reads

Friday, July 28, 2006

EAGLES FLYING HIGH!





wow, it's been a while since I've updated...since 6 Jan 06???

Anyway, SportsDay held recently. Unggul are the champions in the marchpast competition! WHOOOO~! Damned euphoric. Broke down into tears on the spot when they announced the champs. Hehe, my teammates were sorta stunned and wondering why was I crying. khaiming even gave me the trophy as if to comfort and reassure me that I didn't hear wrongly.

Well, it was one helluva tough process we went through this year. It was unlike last year, which was like so chilling. This year, tempers flared, not full attendance, ever-changing formation, strict discipline, extra practices, scorching sun, early before dawn practices, sprained knees and ankles from all the larian komando, tough competition among houses...yes, it was really tough. When Pn Cecilia announced 2nd place was Maju, I could see khaiming biting his nails and all nervous and silent. He was quiet throughout the entire event. He once said minutes before the champs were announced, "I don't want the sides, I want the middle place!" He was referring to the winners stand. And he got it.

I remembered doing my PLBS last year, talking about the silver medal..."Lastly, I hope next year this *gestures* will be gold in colour. Thank you."

It is now.


My heart went out to the Berjaya members. I'm sure they were aiming at getting no. 1 as determinded as we were. They are seriously good in marching. Their commander even had the confidence to wager RM50.00 on his marchers. He told them to get up before 1st place was announced because he truly believed they were going to win. It must have been really disappointing not being in top three. But I know a Berjaya member who is sporting enough to say that they will be better next year. She should be awarded "Best Sportsmanship award".
Rachel, I salute you.



However, the true champions for the day was Hebat. Congrats to Hebat! FYI, they got marchpast 3rd placing, and cheerleading they garnered the champions title! Thats my brother--ketua perbarisan Hebat--reeling away in euphorium when Hebat was announced champions. I was busy crying. Aiman must have taken this pic. I kinda like it. =D

Summary:-

Marchpast: 1. UNGGUL 2. MAJU 3. HEBAT

Cheerleading: 1. HEBAT 2. UNGGUL 3. BERJAYA

Overall, I think everyone tried their best, especially Hebat (of course, excluding Unggul in "everyone".). Like the idiom goes, victory is just the icing on the cake. Beneath the cake, however, lies a history of being beaten, banged, and baked under scorching heat for an hour. Just like Daniel, who tirelessly called his marchers one by one every night to confirm their schedules and attendance for practices. Kudos to Daniel Siow, ketua perbarisan rumah Hebat.


misc pics:

this pic was taken 7.15am in the morning, 22nd July.

aiman and joel. and daniel's finger.

above: eelin, kinkeong, liyeong

below: ever spirited chee hoe.


above: from left: ooigiap, nicholas, eelin, liyeong, amanda, tracy and anon.

below: enjoying nicholas' purple icecream treat.

clockwise: liyeong, eelin, kristine, khaiming, ooigiap, nicholas

above: eelin, kristine

below: they were arguing who's the better-looking one, you be the jury- liyeong, ooigiap

above: the trophy.

below: the medal.

lastly, a humongous thank you to the master puppeteers, who manipulated the strings so well: Yap Khai Ming and Chan Kin Keong! Also to Ethan, who created such a great cheer!

how about that for a photoblog? =D

SeL


link | posted by Ee Lin at 6:58 PM |


2 Comments:

Blogger NealT commented at 8:25 AM~  

Lolz, Gratz for getting gold... LETS CELEBRATE THE RESSURECTION OF EE LIN'S BLOG! BOHAHAHAHAHA!

And Daniel did a great job! Good luck to him in Spm

Blogger Ethan commented at 1:14 AM~  

OMG I'm mentioned!! :D Yeah, welcome. MAKE DAMN SURE YOU MARCH NEXT YEAR.

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela